Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Regatta Stripe

Navy and white is always a summer essential in my wardrobe, but combine the two into a stripe and you have what seems to be the perfect summer shirt. I am talking about the regatta stripe. I made a summer look that has nautical touches and details- the perfect outfit whether you are strolling the Riviera or lunching at the country club.


I love the hue of this blue, a bright navy/cobalt, paired with a stark white pant. Additionally, the pant connects back to the white cuffs and collar I had put on my shirt. The regatta stripe shirt is by John Byron. Men- if you have not tried them, you must! The custom shirting is awesome. 


For me, this look is quintessentially preppy, and as with any outfit, details are everything. I played up the nautical style with a rope belt by Ralph Lauren. Details can also be found in my custom made cuffs with a cutout and my inspirational quote that I selected to placed on the inside collar of the shirt.



Overall, this outfit is easy but looks very sophisticated. Stripes are always a great option as opposed to a solid, however, make sure you always opt for vertical stripes as opposed to horizontal! Are you embracing the navy/white combination this summer?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...